The ACRB was created to provide a fair, open, transparent and independent venue for complaints against sworn members of the Atlanta Police and Corrections Department. Our goal is to:
- improve public safety by building trust between the police and the public;
- provide a safe and welcoming place for complaints to be heard;
- be perceived as fair by members of the public and by members of the Police Department and Corrections Department;
- ensure accountability and transparency in the complaint process;
- provide community input concerning public safety issues in the City of Atlanta;
- comply with the Ordinance regarding Police Oversight designed to instill confidence in its citizenry to redress grievances against the government and its employees, and
- promote public confidence in law enforcement and lessen the possibility that future incidents of urban unrest will occur.