Filing a Complaint
The ACRB will only investigate complaints that fall into the following categories:
- abusive use of language;
- false arrest;
- false imprisonment;
- use of excessive force;
- serious bodily injury; or
- death that is alleged to be the result of the actions of a sworn employee of the Atlanta Police Department or the Atlanta Department of Corrections.
- a wide range of discrimination
- discriminatory references
- abuse of authority
- an officer's conduct
- failure to provide identification
- anonymous complaints
- violation of Atlanta Police Department Standard Operating Procedures (APD SOPs)
If your complaint does not relate to one of these categories please refer to the "Resources" listed for further information that may assist your needs.